Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mental Health Day

MENTAL HEALTH DAY

My battle with mental health has been one Hell of a rough ride to say the least. I've had it ever since I was a kid and the battle is still ongoing. But like that old saying goes. What hasn't killed me has made me stronger. I know I turned it around there a bit to fit my story. Now mental illness seems to have a bad rap to it. Some people think as soon as you hear the word "Mental Illness" the red flag goes up and they think your some lunatic out to hurt people and talk to walls or themselves(Usually I get better answers that way ;)  But this isn't the case. People like that use mental illness as an excuse. Like when some evil sick bastard shoots innocent children. They instantly point to mental illness. These type of people already have it in their minds what their going to do and know exactly what 
"My ENCLOSED short film from 2010 on a man dealing
 with mental illness"

They are doing when doing that sort of an act. The end result usually sees the cowards taking their own lives as well.   This isn't mental illness these are people bent on committing evil and cowardly acts. People dealing with real mental illness are people that work. Are creative. Are just like anybody else except for battling an illness.   So hope some of you see my point and do realize that people dealing with mental illness in some form are just normal people.   I admit its been hard finding a good woman because of it. I always feel honesty is the best way for a man and woman to truly connect. But I guess when you say something about mental health issues they freak out instead of getting to really know the good person before them. I myself have overcome fears that usually come with this illness. Such as acting. Making films. And being apart of the Hamilton Background Agency family. I even spoke for the first time in front of medical students about my illness. Could I have done that a few years prior? No. I also help people(Or at least try to) with their illness.  I mean if I died tomorrow I've accomplished a lot in my life. I've achieved both of my dreams.  I don't let anybody hold me down. I work hard at what ever I set my mind to.   

DANGERS OF MENTAL HEALTH

With mental health like any illness there are dangers.  The main thing is suicide. Yes its a major problem with mental illness. Mental illness has taken lives along its bitter path.  Its happened to me a few times where I've almost lost mine. But unfortunately some have passed because of it.  You feel helpless.  I was in an all boys high school and had a knife put into my back. There was guns and drugs.  It was like the film "LEAN ON ME". I was a small kid so was bullied and really had no fighting experience back then. I tried to commit suicide several times.  So know the dangers.  It can be very dangerous. But I'm here to say there is help out there. I'm a HUGE supporter of the Canadian Mental Health Association  They've been a HUGE help. 

IN THE END

In the end I wish I could say I had a great childhood and it was all peaches and cream. But unfortunately I can't. When entering an al boys school I missed out on all the great things in life. For instance. My first girlfriend. A Prom. High School dances etc etc etc I had a lot of friends at Barton High School which is where I should have been. But due to the twisted hand of Fate it didn't happen that way.  Later on I'd take the name FATE to achieve my first dream in becoming a Professional Wrestler. But in the end we can't turn back time and this illness has made me stronger.  



BELL LETS TALK

CMHA


No comments:

Post a Comment